Wednesday, February 13, 2008

If we could move in, this would be the perfect job

I'm up in Northern California, doing some legalish work for a good friend who needed help so she can get enough stuff done to go on vacation. I got more time than money these days so I was very happy to oblige. Working conditions are tough. We tumble out of our respective beds and work out of her well-equipped office upstairs, in our sweats. She makes all our meals and snacks, except when she takes us out for sushi. Her daughters are cute, very smart, and hilarious. Her husband is really nice too, but he's been gone on business. If I wanted to, I could get up and go to her gym with her, but that happens at 5 a.m. Gotta make that one a miss. I think I'll ask if Alexander and I can move in. Worst she can say is no.

4 comments:

Lisa said...

ha. sounds good!!! When are you gonna move in and help ME? :)

I just realized that I haven't been following your blog!!! What's up with THAT???? So I just found out from Erik's blog that you are pregnant!!!!

Congratulations!!! Sleep now, my pretty! :)

Amy said...

Not bad, not bad. I bet she says yes.:) I wish I had someone to make all my meals and snacks...

PS You're eating cooked sushi though right??? Not much mercury and all that?

Happy Birthday! said...

Ha :-) Well we'll consider all offers, Lisa. Yeah, pretty cool, huh? Amy -- yeah, the tricky part was that after the meal, while we were sitting there, I said, "Um, are pregnant women supposed to eat sushi?" She got a funny look on her face and said, "Hmmm....I'm thinking maybe not...." Neither of us thought of it at all while eating the very yummy and (raw) sashimi. I looked it up -- no, not supposed to -- but what's done is done. Hoping once will not be enough to cause harm.

Left Coast Sister said...

That would be like a 2008-version of the Brady bunch, but if anyone could make it work, you could. Let us know how it all goes down. And if any per diem social work positions open up in your friends' apartment, let me know.