Tuesday, March 25, 2008

remember when I wondered why people have big houses?

I wonder if it's so they don't have to store the bike in the kitchen, the crock pot and the blender on the kitchen table, and the recycling in the closet. That might be it. I'm starting to see. We have gathered more stuff and at this point it is virtually impossible to have everything put away. There's not a place for everything. When people come over we do this weird shuffling which usually involves putting stuff in the bathtub. If they are overnight guests, we have to be really strategic. So, yeah. I get it. At least, I get the idea of a little more space than THIS. We are planning to hold on to this cheap rent for another few months and then maybe when I'm 7 months along, move into a two-bedroom apartment. (I plan to take a supervisory role in the moving process.) My requirements are: washer/dryer inside the unit, bathroom, dishwasher, in that order. It's a renter's market, so I think we will be able to find something without going broke. I'm excited about the novelty of walking to the washing machine and dropping in some dirty clothes without actually leaving the house. Woohoo!

5 comments:

KJack said...

Essential for all the laundry you'll be doing! It can be done without an in house appliance, but I have had friends that have done that...no fun at all. Great to see you this past weekend.

Happy Birthday! said...

Great to see you too! It was so fun to be able to celebrate with everybody. Um thanks to you and your mom for spending like half the day in the kitchen cleaning up...

jay are said...

space = YAY!! That's what I say about my house: it's not that I want a mansion or anything fancy, but a little bit more SPACE would be awesome. A place for everything and everything in its place. That's what I say. Or wish I could say, I should say. Get it??

Amy said...

All I can say is, you ain't seen nothin yet! Just wait til that little person arrives with all his/her accessories. Amazing how such a tiny thing can need so much! Not to mention those things that are just simply cute and YOU'LL have to have for them.

I also suggest decorating your new apartment in primary colors - then when it gets that way anyway (read: toys everywhere) it won't clash as much.

Happy Birthday! said...

Ha! That's a good decorating tip, Ames. We will consider it. :) Yeah, Jacq, I feel you.