Thursday, December 27, 2007

my ineffective resignation from the Bar

I got the greatest news today!!!! Apparently the letter I sent to the Bar resigning my license was never processed. So I'm just "ineligible to practice" which can be fixed as soon as I finish my Continuing Legal Education (that I'm doing online right now) and pay the overdue dues and penalty fees (which I paid today and should be processed tomorrow). Woohooo!!!!! All this time my license was in reach. Well, I really couldn't face working much before now anyway, so I'm not kicking myself. I'm just glad I found this out now, before I filed for something I didn't need to file for.

The thing is, if I can get my license reinstated by next week (which sounds ridiculous, but I think it's possible), I can take a full-time temporary position doing Document Review (normally a mind-numbing process, but this will be in Spanish, so less so), which pays quite well and should last through March. Woohoo!!! The cool thing is, even if I can't get this one, there are several other temp possibilities like this and now I am registered with two legal recruiting agencies who can find them for me. Yay!! It was the right thing to do to decline that offer. We celebrated by eating out (burritos) today. :-)

6 comments:

Gina said...

I am so glad that it has worked out so well for you.

Amy said...

Hey there,
So good to catch up with you!! Glad to hear all is coming together. Wish we could have joined you for celebratory burritos! :) Love and miss you, come see us sometime.

Erik said...

nicely done with the burritos, i can only assume they were tasty. i feel i must also congratulate you on potentially finding someone to pay you for something. i wouldn't have anticipated that, but then i'm not a fortune teller, either.

good job anyway i guess!

jay aitch said...

Congratulations!!! This is really good news. Happy for you!

Happy Birthday! said...

Thanks all! Yes, the burritos were tasty. Chicken and beef, respectively. Yes, yes, E-dog, it is amazing, but true. Hey amy!! It is fun to keep in touch this way. Hi again gina and hi Jay Aitch. :)

SoozeSchmooze said...

Great news Anya! Good to get you back in the legal business! I am sure things will just keep working out as you keep putting in the work! and of course people will pay you for stuff...what a test little brothers are! LOL...