Friday, August 29, 2008

country folks


We're trying out a more country style, do you like it? OK, not really - it was a moving-to-Texas-going-away party for Mya, Kiron & Grady. It was amusing to me that the most countrified song the band played (made up of some of our talented friends) was "I Walk the Line" by Johnny Cash -- other than that it was mostly Eagles and Creedence Clearwater Revival. I was also unable to find any cowboy hats for Alexander at the two second-hand stores I went to - so we settled for a hat he owns that's made of straw or something.

2 comments:

Erik said...

i've heard those young tykes play before, they're extremely solid.
glad you had fun.

Tell Alexander that his hat barely qualifies, and that maybe they portray poor country people different in Congo, but that's not how we do it here. thanks. ;-)

Happy Birthday! said...

I'll be sure to pass that on, thanks.;)