Sunday, August 17, 2008

I love cheap dates

Tonight Alexander and I took two chairs, stopped by the store for some drinks, dark chocolate, and strawberries, and went to the beach (of the bay, not the actual ocean, but good enough). We asked a guy if we could share his bonfire, and he said yes. His friend came back and we talked to them a little bit but mostly just enjoyed their fire. It was lovely weather, not windy, just cool enough so that the fire felt good, and the smell of the ocean and the sound of the little bay waves(mostly from the wakes of night boaters) was peaceful and perfect. The lights from some night kayakers looked like a bunch of tiny blue lanterns floating on the water. On our way home, we saw that the fireworks from SeaWorld had just started, so we parked and took out our chairs again and watched them on the beach until the end. Then we went home.

3 comments:

jay are said...

the best kind of date for sure...and then there wasn't any later regret for money spent that shouldn't have been, etc. etc.....and even fireworks! perfect.

Amy said...

Gee, that doesn't sound like any fun at all. I would hate that in fact. I am so not jealous.

I'm sure many have said "Enjoy it whilst you can" right? So I'll refrain. :)

Happy Birthday! said...

Yep, it was just right. Haha amy --yeah, I have heard that once or twice. I have a feeling it's impossible to appreciate alone time and spare time and date time right now the way we would have appreciated it if we had experienced parenthood already, you know? A Catch-22. Oh well. I do appreciate it though!